MOMS NEED EXERCISE!
The benefits go way beyond the important physical perks we get from moving our bodies...
our Walk 15 Instructor Laura Liechti knows that from personal experience:
"This program has improved my life ten fold not only as a Walk15 instructor but as a good representative of what walking can do for your heath. My son Darryl (32) and I do 5, 8, 10K's and more together. He runs... I competitively Walk.
As a grandmother I know that I am setting a great example of what regular physical exercise can do for you!!!
My granddaughters 4 and 2 know me as "Fast Walker Grandma"!!!
I've been a walker all my life...and now, at 56, I'm even better than before! The example I set for my children, grandchildren and class participants is a valuable learning tool for all. Let's GO!!! I have another 5K tomorrow.
I must add that I usually win- WE are strong!!!"
OK...Fast Walker Grandma! LOVE that story!
Laura gets it! She's living a happier, healthier life with her family by choosing to make HER health a priority!
Too many times, moms don't do that...we put our own wellbeing on the back burner while we take care of everyone else... At Walk 15, we want moms to celebrate Mother's Day by taking care of THEMSELVES.
Exercise is a perfect way to do that, for many reasons...here's a short (but powerful) list:
"I started doing the Walk program when my kids were three and seven. They are now 14 and almost 18. I found that taking care of myself gave me much more energy to devote to them and keep up with them! When they were little, they used to do the DVDs with me as well. So fun! As a Walk Leader, I love that this is exercise for all ages. I have three mother-daughter groups who come to class on a regular basis and also my 17-year-old graces us with her presence from time to time! We can all be healthy and have a great time doing this program!"
"I love that I am 'leading by example'!! When I first started leading classes, I had to take my son with me. He got to see firsthand his Mom leading a group of women and doing something healthy for me and them. Now he goes with me to class often because he enjoys being there! Also, since he has become a teenager, I am a better Mom to him because WALKing our way helps reduce my stress and gives me the patience to handle teenager angst! :)"
"Back when I started my journey to better health and weight loss it was because I wanted to be here for my kids and future grandkids. That was almost 9 years ago. Now I am still here leading classes and I now have a 3 and 2 yr old grand daughters :)"
Here's to you beautiful moms this Mother's Day month!
>Find a Class
>Become an Instructor
“You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.”
– Robert Anthony
WOW. How's that for a powerful quote? Let that sink in a minute... "You can have ANYTHING you want.. IF...you are willing to give up the belief that you CAN'T have it."
Have there been times in your life that you've doubted yourself? Told yourself something was not for you? Held yourself back?
I love hearing stories from our Walk 15 Instructors...as well as from people in Walk 15 classes, who are doing things now that they wouldn't have imagined just a short time ago...like this one:
"I learned that my debilitating disease was not going to define me for the rest of my life. I learned that even though I have many bad days I can shine on the good days and make the best of them. I learned that exercise does not have to be a thousand percent for those of us with limitations and that starting small and going at our own pace was going to get us stronger and further than we ever imagined."
When we want to try something new...that's CHANGE...and, even if it's exciting and positive, change can be scary.
In fact...our brain goes to work in seconds after we get an idea! Sometimes, the brain starts filling us up with reason after reason as to what we can't do whatever it is we are thinking of doing.
The most successful people on the planet have an ability to BREAK THROUGH those "Demons of Doubt" (as some life coaches call it), and... even though they may be scared...THEY DO IT ANYWAY!
How can we work to keep those doubts away...get out of our own way...and take the ACTION needed to create the lives we want?
It's about mindset...and we have a lot more power over ourselves than you may think. You do have the ability to re-train your brain...
Believe in yourself and what's in your heart...it's there for a reason. BOLDLY do what you feel is best for you. Even if you're not quite sure how you're going to get there...move in that direction. Believe you'll find your way.
Also, adopt a new way of responding to those "Demons of Doubt". Quickly acknowledge them...be thankful for the self-awareness, take any lesson from them, then...MOVE ON!
As you do, you'll likely be treated to many GOOD THINGS happening along the way...like LIGHTS illuminating your path!
The rewards are HUGE when you are courageous enough to break through your blocks! Hear what some more of our Walk 15 Instructors have to say about what they've learned about themselves through teaching Walk 15 classes:
> "Being a Walk 15 Instructor has taught me that I can do ANYTHING as long as I work hard; that being fit and healthy at any age is PRICELESS; and that I'm no longer scared of stepping out of my comfort zone from time to time!"
> "I am capable of doing much more than I think I can do, more to come!"
> "I've learned to LOVE me - 6 and a half years ago, I couldn't have said that and meant it."
> "Being a walk 15 instructor has shown me that I am indeed a stronger woman NOW than ever before....physically, mentally, and emotionally....its all connected!"
> "I am stronger mentally and physically than I think I am. I have severe arthritis in about every joint of my body and in pain most days. By teaching my classes people can see that they can also do these classes with health issues."
> Becoming a Walk Instructor 7 years ago has helped me become more confident in myself.
> "I discovered that I can be a real motivator and lift people through my class, make them love their workout!"
Can you believe the POWER in these comments?
Now... What if you believed in yourself?
What would happen next if you did?
Find a Walk 15 Class
Become a Walk 15 Instructor
Group fitness has gone through many changes since the aerobics classes of the early 80's (which is exactly when the Walk fitness program that started Walk 15 began)!
The role of the group fitness instructor has also changed...Instructors are considered "ambassadors" of WELLNESS in their communities. Students look to them for guidance that they'll use during the work out, but also as they walk out the door after class!
Great energy and motivation still bring people into classes...studies show students want that, and more from an Instructor:
1. Education: people want to be sure the Instructor is certified, can run an effective and safe class, and keeps up to date on the latest fitness information, by staying connected to a support group, which is why Walk 15 has the Walk Instructor Network (WIN) as a support hub!
2. Communication skills: verbal and non-verbal communication is key to building confidence and community in a group fitness class. This is great for helping people reach their goals.
3. Leadership skills: everything from being welcomed to class, to keeping everyone on the same during class, an Instructor is a group exercise leader-who works to keep everyone involved. The instructor is also a role model for healthy lifestyle.
4. A Motivator: what keeps class members coming back to class? The energy of the instructor helps keep students motivated! When passion comes through, it's magnetic! People can sense when someone genuinely cares about helping them better their lives, and they're drawn to that person.
After gathering this information, it made me want to ask our Walk 15 Instructors WHY they decided to become certified with our program...their answers make me so happy!
Why did YOU become a Walk 15 Instructor?
"I've always wanted to be an Intructor to show people just how simple and fun losing weight can be....and here I am!!"
-Jenn Thompson, (lost weight with the Walk at Home program)
"To keep myself motivated and to help others with their fitness journey."
"To share the joy of movement! ❤️❤️❤️"
Madison County, Illinois
"Why? Because I have been exercising my entire life- tried everything. [This]is the only fitness program that made sense to me, that I really enjoyed... I had the opportunity to take over some fitness classes for my aerobics teacher (at our local school), and teaching WALK15 [has been] the perfect solution for folks that gave up on fitness because: it's too hard, not enjoyable, too expensive, and not sustainable for long term. For that 1 hour, we are all moving our bodies, sweating, laughing, singing to the music, and forgetting about our troubles. It's a good thing😉"
Levittown, New York
"I have shared Walk at Home with so many people through out the years and when I finally had the opportunity to become a walk 15 instructor I had to do it!"
-Nicole Mason Parks
New York, New York
"To spread HAPPINESS to my local communities!"
"I've been a dedicated fan and follower since the very beginning. It's the only fitness program that makes me HAPPY as well as healthy and now I love sharing it with others. Seeing their smiles makes it all worthwhile!"
"I wanted to share everything I experience through this program - the mental, emotional and spiritual benefits, the pure JOY, the inner strength & confidence, the self worth... pure GOLD."
"I want to help people move to improve!"
Brownstown Charter Township, Michigan
"I became a Walk Instructor so I could share my fitness journey and impact as many people as possible availing them of this walking based program!"
"To help others, especially seniors, understand that moving, being healthy and having fun could all be accomplished through one Amazing workout called Walk 15!"
Newburgh, New York
If group fitness is new to you, know that making the time to find a class and an instructor that "fit" your energy is worth the effort! Being able to look forward to a workout that doesn't feel like work is a blessing!
Find a Walk 15 class
Become a Walk 15 Instructor
There are so many fitness programs out there...many that come and go...
Although we've been walking our way for 30 years(!)...it's awesome to see we're still right on trend!
The 12th annual survey by the American College of Sports Medicine polled more than 4,000 fitness professionals, and...the Worldwide Survey of Fitness Trends for 2018 shows that fitness programs that fit people's busy lives and are beneficial for all ages and fitness levels are the biggest trends!
Let's count down the Top Ten Fitness Trends for 2018!
10. Functional Fitness: A variety of programs designed to fit into your daily life to help you stay fit to accomplish the things you need to throughout your day. Walk 15 increases energy and stamina, plus gives a mental boost that helps you keep a positive, productive mindset!
9. Fitness Programs for Older Adults: As Baby Boomers age, fitness professionals are creating programs that are tailored to keeping their clients active. Walk 15 is for EVERYbody! We see all ages, shapes, and sizes filling our classes!
8. Personal Training: People want personal attention and connection to support them in reaching wellness goals.
7. Yoga: This ancient form of exercise is popular today for health and relaxation.
6. Educated Fitness Professionals: Clients want to work with instructors who receive specialized certifications to be able to help them with specific exercise programs. Walk 15 Instructors have so much support through the Walk Instructor Network!
5. Strength Training: Remains important for all ages and fitness levels; people especially look for strength training classes combined with aerobic activity and flexibility work.
4. Body Weight Training: Intimidated by exercise machines, many want programs that help them use their own body weight to strengthen themselves, along with balance and flexibility.
3. Wearable Technology: Trackers of all kinds remain popular as on-board accountability partners!
2. Group Training: Less expensive that personal training, plus the community feel of group exercise has been proven to help people reach and maintain wellness goals. Walk 15 is the group fitness version of the incredibly popular Walk at Home program!
1. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): Little spurts of high intensity make a big difference in your workout, and your results! Our Walk 15 Instructors have the opportunity to have HIIT training as part of their continuing education, and several are already including this variation in their Walk 15 classes with lots of positive feedback!
Wanna go for a WALK?
Click here to Find a Class!
Click here to find out more about becoming an Instructor!
Happy Walking, you TREND-SETTER, you! :)