There are so many fitness programs out there...many that come and go...
Although we've been walking our way for 30 years(!)...it's awesome to see we're still right on trend!
The 12th annual survey by the American College of Sports Medicine polled more than 4,000 fitness professionals, and...the Worldwide Survey of Fitness Trends for 2018 shows that fitness programs that fit people's busy lives and are beneficial for all ages and fitness levels are the biggest trends!
Let's count down the Top Ten Fitness Trends for 2018!
10. Functional Fitness: A variety of programs designed to fit into your daily life to help you stay fit to accomplish the things you need to throughout your day. Walk 15 increases energy and stamina, plus gives a mental boost that helps you keep a positive, productive mindset!
9. Fitness Programs for Older Adults: As Baby Boomers age, fitness professionals are creating programs that are tailored to keeping their clients active. Walk 15 is for EVERYbody! We see all ages, shapes, and sizes filling our classes!
8. Personal Training: People want personal attention and connection to support them in reaching wellness goals.
7. Yoga: This ancient form of exercise is popular today for health and relaxation.
6. Educated Fitness Professionals: Clients want to work with instructors who receive specialized certifications to be able to help them with specific exercise programs. Walk 15 Instructors have so much support through the Walk Instructor Network!
5. Strength Training: Remains important for all ages and fitness levels; people especially look for strength training classes combined with aerobic activity and flexibility work.
4. Body Weight Training: Intimidated by exercise machines, many want programs that help them use their own body weight to strengthen themselves, along with balance and flexibility.
3. Wearable Technology: Trackers of all kinds remain popular as on-board accountability partners!
2. Group Training: Less expensive that personal training, plus the community feel of group exercise has been proven to help people reach and maintain wellness goals. Walk 15 is the group fitness version of the incredibly popular Walk at Home program!
1. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): Little spurts of high intensity make a big difference in your workout, and your results! Our Walk 15 Instructors have the opportunity to have HIIT training as part of their continuing education, and several are already including this variation in their Walk 15 classes with lots of positive feedback!
Wanna go for a WALK?
Click here to Find a Class!
Click here to find out more about becoming an Instructor!
Happy Walking, you TREND-SETTER, you! :)